Monday, February 17, 2014

President's Day

The big girls are out of school today, so my girls and I are hanging out and cleaning up around our little townhouse. We have already gotten a lot accomplished. We did dishes, picked up the girls craft corner, did laundry, cleaned the girls room and wiped down counters in the kitchen and bathrooms. The girls are taking a bubble guppies break, and I decided to hop on here and do a quick update. The girls are growing up and doing so many new things!

Lydia had her 100 days of school celebration two weeks ago today. I have pictures, but I don't have them on my computer right now. Lyd looked so cute with her vest, 100 day hat and her new cute hair do. So I'll have to add the pictures here soon. --I attended the 100 day march around the school even though I needed to be resting because I had strep throat. I wasn't contagious anymore, and I really wanted to be there for Lydia. Thankfully I was able to be for a few minutes.

Saige is talking like crazy these days. She shushes people when they sing songs she doesn't approve of. And, She said her first word combination last week. She said "Funny, Mommy, funny." Then she said the same thing to Daddy. I don't remember what we were doing, but she was very entertained.

Julia has developed a new gift. The other day when she and Lydia were playing, Lyd got hurt, and Julia assisted Lydia. In Julia's mind, she somehow healed Lydia's ouchie. So, Julia now believes that she has healing powers. Dave and I have talked to her about the gift of healing that God gives verses the "magical powers" that she has seen on TV shows or read about in books. So, she has decided that she has the spiritual gift of healing, and has offered to use her powers often when either of her sisters gets a bump.

All three of my girls love to sing with the Frozen songs and Julia, Lydia and Dave have all the words of most of the songs memorized. Saige sings along surprisingly well, and I join in when I can.

Julia and Lydia asked Jesus to live in their hearts on Thanksgiving Day. I am so proud of them. They get to be baptized on March 9th, and they couldn't be happier. It seems like Julia and Lydia have matured even more since Thanksgiving, and it is so sweet to watch them develop and grow. Before bed, Dave and I have been giving them 10 minutes to spend reading their Bibles, writing in their journals or praying. They really love the time they spend with the Lord, and I love that they are developing this habit.

Dave and I are doing pretty well ourselves. We are blessed with new adventures everyday! We appreciate any prayers you might pray for our family, and hope you enjoy our updates.

Love to all, Amber







No comments:

Post a Comment