Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Makin' Banana Pancakes

Do you know the song "Banana Pancakes" by Jack Johnson? It's a great song! If the Disney CD "Disney Shuffle" wasn't already playing in our living room, I would be listening to that song right now. You can click here to listen, if you'd like.

I think what Jack was talking about in his dreamy song about pancakes was not what I made for breakfast. What I made is still banana pancakes, but they are really healthy and they have no gluten whatsoever. So, they are still yummy, but not the thick buttery goodness I think about when I listen to his song. (Sarcastic font:) So, now that I've talked these pancakes up so much, here is more about what I did so that you can make them too.

These really were good. They are healthy. I will make them again. And you only need 2 ingredients!

Take one banana and two eggs. (This is a pretty smallish recipe.) Throw them in your kitchenaid (I used the wire whisk attachment) or other mixer and blend until the ingredients became a thin batter. Oh, I let some vanilla dribble in the batter while it was mixing. Cinnamon would have been good to add too! (I'm not very good at sticking to recipes.) Spray a pan with some oil of your choice, and put the batter in small amounts on the pan. Big pancakes do not work with this recipe.
The Batter
Before you flip, you have to wait for the edges to turn brownish. If the under side is under done, your pancakes won't flip. And then they will be a crumpled mess of banana and egg in your pan. That's what happened the last time I attempted these little babies. I gave up that time.

I had more patience this time around. And, we ended up with some yummy pancakes.

These are Palm Sized Pancakes.
 The above picture is a bit deceptive. The cakes are smallish.

They would have been really tasty with toasted pecans...

Kid's Cakes
We topped these pancakes with some homemade syrup. I got the recipe from allrecipes.com. While the recipe isn't healthy, it is delicious! Click here for a link so see the recipe I used.

I thought about Jack's song the whole time. I hope you make some too. Enjoy!

-Amber

2 comments:

  1. I've been singing that song and drooling all day. Any chance you saved some for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. But I don't mind making you some. :)

    ReplyDelete