Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Re-purposing Dreams

So, I have a new idea. A new dream. Do you want to know what it is?

I want to buy an outdated trailer (aren't they pretty much all decorated in 80's oak cabinets?) and I want to update it! I want to re-purpose the inside! Maybe there are compartments that can be made into something else! Maybe the cabinets can be totally re-painted! I want to re-upholster the fabric in chevrons or damasks or ikats. I want the inside to have a turquoise and coral color scheme. Or maybe a navy and sage green scheme. I could play around with different textiles, fabrics and counter tops that I would be afraid to put in my house. I could put tile in it! Sheesh. Wouldn't that be fun? I would LOVE it!

I first got excited about this little project when I found a post on pinterest that had done something similar to what I'm describing. And as I've been looking for pop-up campers, I've realized that the nice ones are about the same price as an outdated trailer/camper. And, who wants to camp in bear country with a pop-up camper? Dave and I looked at one, and those things are still tent like material where you sleep. If we went to bear country to camp, I think I would stay awake all night staring at my children. I want to camp in bear country because it's amazingly beautiful, but in a pop-up, notsomuch, you know?

You all, I think I may need to write this dream down and step away from this post before my adrenaline skyrockets in excitement! I mean, I could even paint the outside of the darn thing. Or maybe I could just paint around the windows. I could add cute curtains. So. much. fun....

Hopefully in the near future, I'll be sharing some before and afters on this here blog, God willing. Only time will tell!

Blessings, Amber

P.S. To my husband, please don't lose your cookies when you read this post. I will let you know before I buy this dream camper. :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like I'm going to be working overtime for a while. Aren't I married to such a wonderful dreamer! She's my dream come true!

    ReplyDelete