Monday, July 28, 2014

Thinking Like Those Who Re-Purpose

Soon and very soon, Dave and I plan to leave our girls with their grandparents and steal away for a few days. We are super excited to be able to complete a sentence, eat whatever and drink beverages in peace, shop, relax, and, of course, talk about our wonderful children. I plan to watch a lot of my favorite shows as I relax with my hubby. I love shows like Rehab Addict and Junk Gypsies. I probably love them because they keep my re-purposing juices flowing!

I don't necessarily have the exact same style as the amazing women on these shows, but I LOVE their creative minds and that they barely throw things away. They even "dumpster dive" at times. Would you do that? (I would. I guess it depends of the dumpster.)

Another thing that I love about the portrayal of these shows is the entrepreneurial spirit of each of these great women. They don't have a "job" that they go to everyday. But, they found something they were good at, and loved to do, and worked hard to achieve some amazing goals. This spirit is something that I desire to have myself and that I want to instill in my children.

So, if you get a chance, sit down and watch a few episodes of one of the shows. Let me know if you are inspired! Also, watch for some picture of my little entrepreneurs at our garage sale in a few weeks. I will post some here!

But for now, here are the pictures from today of Julia on the Camp Blog:




SO SWEET!

Thanks for stopping by today! Love to you all. -Amber





No comments:

Post a Comment