Thursday, July 10, 2014

Sister Dating and Re-purposing

Yesterday was a great day! Aubrey and I took our 5 kiddos to see the buffalo and prairie dogs at Theodore Roosevelt National Park. Unfortunately, they were doing some construction in the park, so we had to wait a while to get in and out of the park. But, we rode in my sister's van, and the kids were occupied with a movie. The kids enjoyed seeing the animals, playing at a playground in Medora and eating a picnic lunch. Aubrey and I had a good time too, but we especially liked that all of the kids took a nap when we got back to my house at 2:30. We also ended up snoozing on the couches until the late afternoon, and our kiddos started waking up.

Around 5:00, Aubrey and I got ready for our sister date. We've never done anything like this before, but sometimes it's nice to trade in your husband for some time with your sister. (Not that it wouldn't have also been great to go with Mr. Dave, but sometimes girl time is what every girl needs.) So, we put on sun dresses because it was such a nice, warm day in Dickinson, left the kiddos with Dave and headed to dinner. We froze in the restaurant's a/c while eating a tasty and high-caloric dinner, and then headed to a coffee shop to grab some coffee. Unfortunately, all the coffee shops in our little town are closed by 7:00p.m. So, we opted for some DQ desserts and shopping time instead. We giggled and chatted and had a great time! We were home early and in bed at around 10:30. (Which is early for me and late for Aubrey.)

While we were gone, Dave sent us some pictures, and this video:
These little outbursts are part of what happens with kids, and is also what wears us old parents out! I think it's hilarious! (I'm also glad that it wasn't one of the outbursts that Aubrey and I had to deal with.) All of the drama was due to Dave's request that all the kids come in from playing outside and get ready for bed.You can tell in the video that they aren't tired at all.

Right now, all 5 kids are contentedly watching Mickey shows on Netflix. So, even though it's raining and we can't go outside, life is good!

Aubrey's and my next mission will be getting ready for Lydia's birthday party on Saturday. I need to figure out what kind of cake to make, and get some decorations gathered up. I'm praying that the birthday/summer surprise that we ordered my girls comes on time! Don't tell my daughters, but the trampoline that is being shipped here will be used for re-purposing tons of pent up kids energy! Hallelujah and Amen.

Blessings, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment