Friday, August 29, 2014

A Wedding Barn = Re-purposing

My cousin, Jamie and her husband have a barn behind their house. However, this big red barn isn't used for animals. It's used for weddings and wedding receptions. Say what? It's true. It's equipped with sweetly rustic restrooms, a kitchen area, and a large reception area. I can just imagine tulle and Christmas lights draped all over the place in this barn.Or maybe just a thousand daisies. Or wildflowers peeking out of every corner! Any way you wanna decorate it, it is the quintessential rustic wedding barn, and I'm glad I got to see it and that I get to share it with you!

 I wish I would have gotten some better pics of the barn, but I couldn't fit my nice big camera in my teeny tiny personal bag. Please enjoy the iPhone pics I got regardless...

Downstairs Reception Area
If you think that's nice, wait til you see this:
The Upstairs Ceremony Room
 The light flow in this place slays me! It makes for a beautifully hazy, gloriously lit picture.

The Back of the Ceremony Room
 Light just floods in beautifully.
Another Angle of The Arch

Hangin' in the Barn
 In the above pic my Aunt Barb (Jamie's mom) is on the left, and my mom is in the middle. They look like twins, but they aren't. Then there's my cutie pie niece, Madelyn and my sis, Aubrey.

Me and Momma in the Barn
 I don't get many pictures with Mom. So I'm glad I asked Aubrey to steal this one.
"Proud to be an American!"
This barn will only get more spectacular as they continue to work on it! I am totally convinced of that. And to be honest, I am very jealous that
a) I didn't think of the idea first,
b) that it's not behind my house, and
c) that the landscaping right outside of the barn looks like this:

A Spectacular Spot for Outdoor Wedding Day Photography
 So, if you plan to get married in a town East of St.Louis, and would love a beautifully rustic barn wedding, let me know! I've got the best of connections for ya! (Junk Gypsies, my cousin has you beat on this one.)

Much love, Amber

2 comments: