Wednesday, August 27, 2014

My Birthday

Despite all the craziness of my grandpa's passing last week, I still had an incredible birthday on Sunday. My wonderful husband, sister and brother-in-law surprised me with a little family party on Saturday night and a date night with my hubby in Fort Collins, Colorado on Sunday night. I found my new favorite shop while we were there, and I also ate a delicious dinner at the Melting Pot with Dave.

In addition to those happenings, on Sunday morning, I also ran the farthest I've ever run. I huffed and puffed in the thin Wyoming air while my sister danced around like 7 miles is equal to a flight of stairs. Nevertheless, it was great and I am so thankful that I am capable to run such a distance. (Please pray for me. The 15k happens on October 5th. Yikes!)

Saturday Night Festivities
We had grilled chicken and veggies for my birthday dinner. How did my people know that I like that sort of thing?

Blowing Out the Candles

Yay for Cake!
 Dave had this cake made just for me. It was butterfinger flavored. Yum! I know that my sis had a hand in the cake planning too! Thanks Sis!
Flattering....I Know.
 Sunday Night Pics:

Remember I said I found a shop I loved? It is called The Perennial Gardener. Dave was on the phone while I perused through it until it was closing. When Dave came in to see the few small items I purchased, I gushed about how much I loved the store and I told him, "I could spend thousands in here!" Dave's reply was typical, "Well, good thing it's closing then!"
Chandelier I Loved

Hanging Metal Things from The Ceiling = Pretty.
 On our walk to the restaurant, I fell in love with this old world alley:

Pictures just don't do the store or these gorgeous alley flowers justice!

My Handsome Date

Looking Forward to Our Dinner Goodies!
Dave and I got the four-course meal. It was SO good and delicious! (I think my stomach is still mad me for eating all that cheese!)
Meat and Veggies Bubbling Away!

Mmmmm...Chocolate Covered Strawberries




 Thank you so much to my family who put all of these festivities together. --Aubrey also bought some super cute earrings for my birthday, and Dave gave me some super sweet gifts on Sunday after I regained consciousness from my run. He got me a bird feeder deck extender thing, a new cd and the beautiful black rain jacket that I fell in love with when we vacationed in Maine. Isn't that so sweet?

Anywho, I have to get to bed. These pictures reminded me that I have leftover cake in the fridge, and if I don't sleep now, that over-sized slice will be gone by morning! G'night! -Amber

2 comments: