Saturday, August 23, 2014

Goodbye

 My sister and I got to go to the St. Louis area the past two days to spend time with family due to my grandfather Leonard Niggli's passing on Monday. It was such a wonderful excuse to see extended family, even though it was a very sad occasion. I took a bunch of pictures for your viewing pleasure. Please enjoy:

Me and my Cousin Jamie's Youngest Sweetie, Laney Mae
Aubrey, Madelyn and Grandpa Gene

Grandpa Gene Daiber took us for a ride on the Kubota to see his fishing ponds while we were in his neck of the woods. I have a date with my fishing pole and that pond next time we go!

The Place Where my Grandpa Niggli Was Buried

Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Niggli's Gravestone
Grandpa Niggli's gravestone hasn't been added yet. I plan to visit the graveyard at another time though and get a picture of Granpda Leonard Niggli's gravestone.
The Graveyard
 After visiting my Grandpa's grave sight with my parents, sister, and neice, we all went to see my cousin Jamie's house and barn. I loved driving around learning more about the history and heritage of my family. I bet you didn't know that the Niggli name is Swiss. I still have very extended family that owns the Mohr Niggli winery in Switzerland! (Visiting this winery is on my bucket list!)

After all that, we went to my cousin's house and barn. I included some pictures below:

My Cousin Jamie's Barn (downstairs)
 The above shot is of the downstairs of the barn. There is a reason why I am sharing this with you. I will tell you more about it soon!

The Amazing Upstairs Barn
 Isn't it gorgeous the way the sunshine spills through the barn slats? I just love it!

 I loved spending time with family! We had a huge party of people at Mazzio's Pizza.

My Cousin Kristin and Mom Visiting

Aunt Carla and Cousin Hayden

Aubrey and Grandma Daiber at Grandma's House
Baby Madelyn


Madelyn was gracious enough to eat some ice cream with me as an early birthday celebration kick-off for me. Isn't that sweet of her? She's so excited I'm turning 32.

This trip was a wonderful whirlwind. I am so thankful I got the opportunity to go! I love and miss all of my family dearly. Thankfully when we going again, it will be under happier circumstances. 

Flying Home
This is what the three of us did on the plane ride home. I wish I could sleep easily like my lil' sis.

With such a full end of this week, I am exhausted! May you all have a wonderful weekend! I will get back on here soon!

Love, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment